Monday, July 18, 2011

WE MISS YOU

DJ PREMIER/ BIG SHUG - WE MISS YOU (GURU TRIBUTE)


been over a year since GURU aka keith edward elam passed away far too early. Dj Premier and big shug present this heartfelt joint out to the original bald head.

very emotional track going out to one of the greatest Mc's of all time.

For me personally Gangstarr were the reason I got into hip hop in the first place. Guru's monotone voice and cocky yet concious flow on the mic matched with the neck snapping boom bap style beats of primo and his signature style simple yet very effective cuts, for me was the perfect marriage. Guru was "probably" my favorite mc ever. Not Something I think about often but if I had to decide it would be most likely be Guru. I had the good fortune of meeting the man and I was overwelmed at his honest and down to earth attitude and how he had time to speak to every body in the room who were dying to speak to him. A truly amazing soul. "WE MISS YOU".............. MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY.


http://www.mediafire.com/?bywaedn363phv4s

No comments:

Post a Comment